Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Journal Jar: What Makes You Feel Good?

I think this is a pretty broad question, but I'm in the mood to write so I'm OK with that.

I actually have been pondering this during this the last week. I have been emotionally all over the board and I've been trying to figure out why. I'm not one to have physical cycles affect my emotions so here is what I have come up with: I feel the best when I have been focused and productive in something positive. When I let myself be lazy, especially when I have a million things to do, my emotions fall apart. Last Saturday I participated with some friends of mine in a discussion group that focused on healing through energy. I have been interested in natural healing since I became a mother and have learned a lot. There are several techniques of "energy healing" and that night we learned one that was different from what I had previously learned. After practicing those techniques I felt so much better! I had lost my "happy place" and was able to find it again. I've been doing this with Jillian and Brad and even my friend, Ali, this week. Jillian loves it and says it makes her feel really good. I can see the difference in her also.

Aside from that, here is a list of things that give me warm fuzzies:

Hot, homemade, wheat bread with homemade strawberry freezer jam
Reading good books
Being with my family
Dates with Brad
Working hard and seeing the fruits of my labors
Going to the temple
A good talk with a friend
Laughing
Having a good workout
The rush of wind around me as I ride my bike really fast
Listening to the sounds nature around me (except mosquitoes -- that just irritates me)
Doing my best at whatever I am working on
Holding my children
Praying
Having a clean house
Learning about and developing my talents


***That is all I can think of for now. I'll probably add more to it as I think of them.

1 comment:

H. Wimmer said...

That is a really good Idea....
I love your blog...I also can't believe how big your kids have gotten...they are so cutie