Monday, July 13, 2009

Visit with Mimi, Granddaddy, and Seth

At the beginning of May Brad's parents came from Arizona to visit us. As usual, we had a blast, although I felt bad because we were so busy at the time. We were in the last couple weeks of soccer, which is always the busiest with make-up games and tournaments. I was actually glad to have them here; I'm not sure how we would have survived it without them! This time though, we surprised our kids by inviting their cousin, Seth, to come also. Seth is six weeks younger than Logan and they are such good friends. We LOVED having Seth!

Here are some pictures of our visit:



Playing our Sunday Game. Jorja won that round, can you tell?



We found Logan, Seth, and Jorja decorating my pine tree with the K'nex. They did this for a good hour and had so much fun!!






Eating breakfast. Jillian had already left for school. We let her stay home quite a bit when we were doing anything fun.


"Painting" our house with rainwater. They liked how it changed the color of the house.







Making cookies with Mimi.

Brad's dad grew up with Eric Freestone, who is now in our stake presidency. Pres. Freestone came to visit Dad. I'm not sure they wanted their picture taken but I made them anyway.



Before Mimi and Granddaddy left we decided to have a big birthday party for everyone's birthday, since we would be far apart on the actual days. We made birthday cake, opened presents, and sang to all of us! The kids thought it was great fun!





After our party we had a dance where each child busted their own move. Seth is an expert break dancer!! It was so awesome!



Likely the cutest picture of the lot. This was just before Seth left. Those boys are two peas in a pod!



Jorja and Logan wanted to leave with Seth. Jorja cried and cried when they all left because she "would miss them so much!" It was a very tender moment.



Mom and Dad just before they left.

I had to do a big presentation at the elementary school on Leave No Trace. I decided to do a skit and Mom kindly said she would help me. She was "Molly Messup" and I was "Brenda Begood". She would do everything wrong, such as litter, throw things at the animals, play loud music, step on the flowers, hike with sandals, etc. and I would correct her. The kids thought it was a riot! I was so glad she helped me; I don't know what I would have done without her! It turned out perfect!!!

No comments: