Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jillian's Birthday Party

Friday night we had Jillian's 9th birthday party. She was sooo looking forward to this!! Instead of a big party like I did with Jorja and Logan, I kept it small and did a late-over instead of a short party.

Brad and I cooked up some pizza dough for individual pizzas and had the girls create their own pizzas. While they baked we played some games.



Jillian, Mae, and Emily



Jorja, Kaylee, Brittin, Brynlie, Jillian


Somehow, Mae thought her pizza looked like a turtle. The girls were joking with it and she'd say "Hey! Respect the tur-tel!" It was really cute.

While the pizza's baked, we played a game where each girl was timed to see how many cotton balls they could move from one pot to another using a spoon, while blind-folded. Most of the time they didn't even have anything on the spoon and the girls thought that was such a hoot!!


Emily carefully carrying her "cargo" while Kaylee and Brynlie watch.



Kaylee, Emily, May -- dumping her "cargo" -- and Brittin.



Brittin trying to find the pot. Kaylee, Jillian, and Jorja in the background.



Brynlie and Brittin. They were standing up at the top of the stairs singing and dancing. It was so cute and I tried to catch them doing it but I liked this picture just as well!!


After they ate their pizza creations, it was present time!!




Thanks for all the fun presents!! Jillian loved all of the them!!


We played "Spin the Bottle" with nail polish. I would spin each bottle and whoever it pointed to, that girl had to paint one nail that color.


The finished products!



Love this picture! It just makes me smile. :)


Jillian didn't even want a cake this year (yahoo for me!!!) so we did root beer floats. We lit a candle for her to blow out after we sang to her.


In this game the girls had to cut away the flour from the malt ball without making it drop.


Mae, Emily, Brittin with the knife, Jorja, and Kaylee's head in the corner.


Mae made it drop so she had to put her hands behind her back and pick up the malt ball with her mouth.


Mission accomplished! The girls thought it was so funny!!! I love Emily's face in this picture!

I had them all sit on chairs in a circle for the next game I would give instructions like "if you are wearing blue, move one space to the right" and they would move accordingly. If someone was already in the seat, they had to sit on that person's lap. The object was to move all the way around the circle.


Jillian, Kaylee, and Jorja on the bottom.


Jorja, Brynlie, and Mae.

Brynlie, Brittin, Jillian, Kaylee


For this game the girls had to roll two die to get doubles, after which they would quickly put on a hat, scarf, and mittens and try to unwrap and then eat a giant chocolate bar before the next person rolled doubles.


Mae took wearing the hat very seriously. :)


Jorja and Logan even got turns, although Logan didn't end up with as much chocolate as Jorja, which upset him.


Kaylee and Brittin


Brynlie was able to uncover the chocolate!


Emily stuffing her face as fast as she could before she had to pass it on.


Brynlie's full mouth just after she passed it on to Jorja, who finished it off.


After we finished all the games they went downstairs and sang with the karaoke machine, and danced while they waited their turn. So much fun! We ended the night by watching The Hannah Montana Movie. What a great party!

2 comments:

Ali said...

Brynlie had so much fun! I'm so glad she and Jillian have gotten to be good friends!

Anna said...

Hi Brenda! It's been a long time since I've seen/talked to you! I found your blog somehow and it's crazy to look at your once little family and see how big your kids are i.e. Jillian! Oh my goodness! Nine! She is growing up so fast! I can't believe I was that long ago that I was babysitting her, reading her bedtimes stories, giving her a drink of water before going to bed, telling her to get back in bed and that mom and dad would be home when she was asleep! haha I loved coming over to your house for activities and such! You were such a great leader to me and I learned so much! So, Thank you! I'm glad that all is well with you and I'll keep checking up on your blog to see how things are going!
Love always, Anna Toone
P.S. The party looked so cute and fun! I remember my mom putting together birthday parties like that for me! And the Hannah Montana Movie... Good choice! One of my favorites!