Friday, March 30, 2012

Arizona Friends

We got to visit with my dear friend, Mindy Shirts, who lives in Mesa.  Mindy and I are mission "buddies" -- we met in the MTC, although she was a month ahead of me and in a different district, and then we lived together in two cities in Brazil.  Sadly, we were never companions.  We later followed each other to BYU and then back to Arizona where we became walking partners while our oldest girls were 2 and we were both pregnant with our second children.  I love Mindy!  She's the kind of friend that you just pick up where you left off, even though it has been years since you talked.  Of course, distance isn't such a big deal anymore.  :)

Mindy's daughter, Jaqlyn and Jillian are the same age and were friends before we left Arizona.  They had a great time hanging out together!  They even took their own pictures to remember the occasion!

Jaqlyn
Close-up of Jaqlyn!  She's got pretty brown eyes just like her mom!

A bit over-exposed but here's Mindy and me.  Love this lady!
Jaq and Jill!
Mindy and John have 3 boys after Jaqlyn.  Here they are with Logan and their nephew: Rushton, Turley, Logan, Johnson, and Mindy's nephew.

John and the boys.
The castle is finally complete!


Visiting Gram in Mesa.
Gram refused to smile for me; she did NOT want her picture taken!  Hmmm, too bad!
Jorja at Gram's house

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I love you too!!! I'm so glad you had a few minutes to come play at our house. And Logan's frog... it never got sent... sorry... I'm sure it's in a bucket of toys! Tell him we will take good care of it.