20 August 2012
As I was taking my kids to school this morning, my son says, "Do you know what I don't like about the car lane this year? Some of the kids last year opened up their door and got out on the black top before the car stopped so now the teachers have to open the doors for us before we can get out. Ugh! I HATE the government!!!" ha ha ha!! I love my little libertarian!! :)
14 April 2012
The temple was so beautiful! I loved the dark wood and marble moulding (the latter got bigger the closer you got to the Celestial room until it was waist high! Yes, I am a contractor's wife!), sun coming through the stained glass windows,
and the
murals, which were FANTASTIC!! Loved it! I'm excited to be in there
after it has been dedicated. This isn't the best picture; I'd like to
go back when there aren't so many people there. :)
15 April 2012
All my kids tried out for the summer play, "Aladdin" yesterday. Today they got their parts. This was Logan's and Jillian's conversation tonight:
Logan: "I really wanted to be Jehovah."
Jillian: (laughing) "What? Jehovah isn't in that play."
Logan: "you know, the bad guy!"
Jillian: "Oh, you mean Jafar!"
He he! Love that boy!
11 February 2012
While I was subbing at the Jr. High yesterday a 9th grader told me she passed her science test last week because of my help. Another told me how fun it was to learn Ecology and still another that asked me if I was a student teacher (those young-looking genes are finally working to my benefit!!). It was a great day. :)
28 January 2012
Ah, it's a good day when a simple wave to your daughter talking with a group of boys completely mortifies her. It's moments like these that make me proud to be a mom!
6 December 2011
Yesterday I was subbing at the middle school and a boy came up and asked me, "Are you on Edward's team or Jacob's team?" I replied, "Neither. I think they're both lame." To that he says, "You are the BEST substitute EVER!" Ha!
10 October 2011
Brad: Why did Ali call?
Me: She wanted to borrow some stuff.
Brad: What, feminine hygene products?
Me: No, you don't borrow that stuff.
16 May 2011
Today I felt like I have made a difference in this world!! What a great feeling!
No comments:
Post a Comment