It always amazes me how quickly the year passes! This last year we decided to chronicle all the good things that happened to us by writing them down and filling our “Good Things” jar. What a wonderful experiment it has been!! Here are our favorites! (Many were duplicated so we only mentioned them once and they are not listed in any particular order.)
Brad
I got the girls' room painted. Andy and Elizabeth Hall and their family came to visit us.
We went camping with our neighbors last spring.
Bartering with our neighbors for fresh produce.
I finally got a wood-burning stove for our fireplace.
Brenda
I performed in the Many Moods of Christmas Cantata.
Spent many hours painting with Brad, we've had some great
conversations!
We got to spend 10 days with my family! We were able to
spend individual time with Mom and Dad, Tamra and Eric and family, and
Brian. It was great!
I was called to be the RS secretary. I love working with the
sisters in my presidency.
Matt, Candice and kids came to visit us. We went to the
Liberty Jail and had great BBQ!!
I got to go to the music conference for 2 days -- I learned so
much and improved my music lessons as a result.
I had a prayer answered and felt the love of my Father in Heaven.
Jillian (13)
My new dog, Kinsey.
Snow days in February!!
I've been having fun in Young Women's!!
We went to Nauvoo with our cousins/aunt/uncle the Rossiters and
Grandma and Grandpa
Dad took me to play tennis.
I played on a semi-competitive soccer team.
Figured out how to play with boxer dogs.
I got my first point in a wrestling match.
Jorja and I finished the summer reading program and won an art kit.
I scored 7 ½ grade level in math while in third grade.
Catching frogs and making habitats all summer.
I played indoor and outdoor soccer.
I was baptized.
Mimi and Granddaddy came over.
I won a shirt at school for being responsible, safe and respectful.
I made a game with my sister.
We got free tickets to see Maggie Rose -- I got to meet her!
I got her signature on my hand.
| Our New Dog, Kinsey! She's a 1 yr border collie mix |
We found the more we listed, the
more our gratitude increased for all our blessings.
May your 2014 be full of Good Things!
Love,
Brad,
Brenda, Jillian, Logan, and Jorja
4 comments:
Great to see and hear all about your sweet family that I have missed so much! Have a wonderful new year and I'm sure that you will be just as blessed in 2014 as 2013 because you are a grateful family. Love and hugs, star bailey
What a great lesson in gratitude! Your kids have so much personality and they are always so creative. I love your pictures-they are beautiful.
Thanks for sharing I love hearing about how things are going with you. I also love the idea of a gratitude jar. Have another wonderful year!
I love this! We wish we lived closer to see you guys more often. The kids are all ready asking when we get to go back and want to make sure we see you as well as Aunt Tricia.
Post a Comment