Sunday, January 11, 2015

First week of January This and That

 I cut Jorja's hair on Monday.  I don't think I did too bad of a job.  We loved her long, long hair but she would get these rat's nests up by her neck that were tennis ball in size.  After much time and pain, I would straighten the knot out.  Jorja got tired of the fight and wanted it shorter.  She loved it!!  Funny note, you can see the clock in the background is exactly two hours later.  I'm sure a professional would have done it faster!!!


I subbed a Spanish class on Thursday and Friday.  Friday we had a special presentation by these cute girls who moved last spring to Kearney from Madrid, Spain.  I work with their father, Carlos, at the Firehouse so it was fun to see his daughters in action!


They taught us how to dance the macarena!



On the left, in pink, is Paula and on the right is Sara.  Paula is in 8th grade, Sara in 9th.

Yesterday I got to see my friend, Lynette Schmidt take her endowments out at the temple.  What a special day!  I taught her the temple prep classes during Sunday School.




On the left is Peggy Emrich, Lynette, and me.  The right picture is Lynette with Willy DePriest, her boyfriend.  It was a very windy and cold afternoon but the sky was beautiful!

No comments: