Sunday, August 24, 2008

Garage Sale

I had a garage sale last Friday and Saturday. It took me all week long to go through all my closets and purge. It felt GREAT!!! Anyway, I even had my kids go through their toys and take out what they wanted to sell. Jillian, being the budding entrepreneur that she is, insisted on pricing her own toys. I had already priced them but apparently I had WAY under priced them. She said she wanted to do it so I tried to teach her about how garage sales work and cost/value ratios. She promptly cut me off and said, "Mom, stop talking. I know about money!" So I stopped talking! Her prices were, to say it politely, outrageous. Take a look for yourselves. FIVE bucks for each of these! The Barbie case I bought at a garage sale for $1. I didn't realize it until I got home that it magically opens when you hold it up! The tea set 1) isn't even complete and 2) has crayon and permanent marker all over the remaining pieces. What value!! Ha ha ha! She ended up selling the Barbie case, but for only $1. She made $4 total and I had some good laughs.

1 comment:

Ali said...

What fun times we had at your sale! I'm so glad you took pictures of Jillian's pricing. Someday when she's running a major corporation, you can put those pictures in her autobiography and show how she was an entrepreneur from the age of 7!