Wednesday, September 24, 2008

100 Accomplishments -- not in order

I just read my cousin's blog and she started a list of 100 accomplishments. She is doing it as part of a school assignment and challenged others to do the same since we as women do not pat ourselves on the back enough. I'm taking up the challenge so here it goes!

1. I gave birth to three beautiful children
2. I was married in the temple
3. I have never tasted alcohol or tobacco
4. I graduated from seminary
5. I earned my Young Women medallion / recognition award
6. I trained for, and completed a 495 mile bike hike from San Jose, CA to LA. and I never needed a ride
7. I earned the money and bought the bike and other equipment for the above trip
8. I graduated from college with a BS degree in Wildlife and Range Resources and a minor in Communications
9. I passed the English and history AP tests
10. I was a tutor in geometry in high school
11. I took piano lessons during my Jr. and Sr. high school years by request
12. I got an A in a college course and beat the smartest guy in the class
13. I paid for all of my college tuition and books (Mom and Dad paid for my living expenses. Thanks!)
14. I served a full time mission
15. I accepted the call to extend my mission an extra month when I really wanted to go home
16. I learned (am still learning) Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) which helps deal with anxiety
17. I can cook a great meal
18. I make wonderful bread
19. I know how to can (preserve) foods
20. I can work well with my husband, at his job
21. I can budget our money even though we are paid inconsistently
22. I learned how to cook and sew when I was in 4-H at 8 or 9 years old
23. I earned a purple ribbon at the 4-H fair for a carrot salad
24. I was a great babysitter and was paid more than minimum wage so that I wouldn't stop
25. I completed two backback trips with my family and two at girls camp.
26. I attended all five years of girls camp
27. I made the 8th grade basketball team, more for my effort than for my skill
28. I swam on the high school swim team for three years
29. I played high school soccer for three years
30. I moved away from home when I was barely 18
31. I got 4 college-major related internships
32. I can use a compass and topography map to navigate myself
33. I can shoot a gun and have decent aim (it was one of the things that attracted Brad to me!)
34. I can drive large trucks on mountain roads
35. I can burp on command (is that an accomplishment?)
36. I can listen well and keep a secret
37. I am good with children
38. I am a good teacher, and I even enjoy it
39. I am sincere and honest
40. I painted the final coat of our red wall in 20 minutes and left no streaks
41. I read the entire Book of Mormon in Portuguese
42. I learned to speak Portuguese
43. I can laugh at myself
44. I coached Jillian's soccer team -- Brad and I are doing it again now!
45. I drove all the way from Mesa, AZ to Kansas City, MO with all three children in the car
46. I make my own soap, laundry soap, and cleaning supplies
47. I taught a class on the above
48. I survived being the Enrichment leader before the program changed (actually, it changed mid calling but that still counts, right?)
49. I am currently surviving being the Primary President and I feel like I am doing a good job
50. I can grow a garden
51. I trained my babies to have a good sleep schedule
52. I survived four months of mastitis
53. I have never needed glasses
54. I was in a stake youth choir and we performed for our stake conference
55. I ran a 5K in college
56. I choose to be happy and positive
57. I figured out how to change the layout of my blog in the html code
58. I have learned how to harmonize when singing. I'm not the best singer but I have fun picking out the harmony
59. I participated in two road shows
60. When I was around 6 years old, I played a pioneer girl and a beet in a church play
61. I learned to play the clarinet and bass clarinet in Jr. High. I became bored of it and ended up getting a "D" in band because I cut class all the time
62. I discovered in 8th grade that I like public speaking

4 comments:

Ali said...

You did such an amazing job with the primary program. I know I've already told you that, but I've just been thinking about it all week long. And you just continue to amaze me in so many other ways. This list of things you've accomplished is incredible. You've left me feeling like I don't deserve to be your friend (and am quite a loser compared to you!) Thanks for being such a great example of a life-long learner!

Stacy said...

Sweet! You gave me some good ideas of things I hadn't thought of yet. Good job.

Amy said...

You put my list to shame Brenda. You go girl!!!

Mere said...

Okay, you took piano lessons?!?!? Um, I know what your next calling is going to be!