I really like this picture of me because I just look great! Don't I look so thin? Love it. Yeah, my girls are cute too. :)
Logan and Brad with their more traditional pumpkin. Actually, Brad usually comes up with the really fun ideas (which is, of course, why I needed help!). Logan is just a knife freak. That kid is obsessed with cutting things -- he loves scissors for the same reason. I constantly have little pieces of paper or cardboard all over the house. The thing is, they all have a use to him, whether it be food for Special Dog, or money for playing "store" or whatever. Shhh! I secretly throw them away when he is asleep! I know he'll just make more the next day so this is simply clutter control. I think he finds the joy in the cutting itself anyway.
This is what Jorja wanted to do: eat raisins. She's a raisin nut, just like her brother. She actually did help scoop out all the pumplin goop.
See what I mean about him cutting things? This actually has a purpose; it is future pumpkin puke.
I could sense that I was taking over our pumpkin too much so I told Jillian that she should carve the back side of our pumpkin. That would automatically make it cooler since we would have two carvings rather than just one. So she designed and cut this side all by herself! Go Jilly!
The final product! The boys' pumpkin has teeth, eyebrows, ears, nose and a "nosebrow" attached with toothpicks. Logan thought that the whole process was pretty cool (he used the handle side of the knife to hammer in the toothpicks) and got a little hammer crazy and added a few extra appendages. Hence the nosebrow, toothpick horns, and ears.
Jillian with her great design.
Logan was just plain funny as usual. His favorite candies are the Reces peanut butter cups in the orange wrapping. He would literally run to each house, ring the doorbell, say the required "trick or treat" and then ask if they had any orange candies. When they didn't know what he was talking about he would hold up an example. At our neighbor's house he even tried to trade his partially eaten candy for an "orange candy"!! We just died laughing. He actually did score on the peanut butter cups. People thought he was so cute that they gave him extras. Brad and I have decided that he will get a lot out of life simply because he asks. By the way, he thought his Spider Man costume with the huge muscles was pretty darn cool. He just loves Spider Man and he loves flexing his own muscles to see just how big they are. It was the perfect combination. :)
5 comments:
I love your pumpkins they are great!! I couldn't get martin in a halloween costume(SP...Your kids looked so cutie
http://www.thewimmers.t83.net/#/welcome
Great pumpkins! I love the costumes too! And I must say that you do look great too my friend! I missed seeing you at the Condiff's. You can't skip next time! :)
I love Jilly's makeup job! Man, I couldn't do that well. And you DO look fabulous in that photo . . .although you always look fabulous. And let Logan know that I agree with him that Reese's are by far the best part of Halloween!
I love Jilly's makeup job! Man, I couldn't do that well. And you DO look fabulous in that photo . . .although you always look fabulous. And let Logan know that I agree with him that Reese's are by far the best part of Halloween!
They are all so cute. THat Jorja is going to be such a cutie when she grows up!
Post a Comment