Monday, April 13, 2009

A Great Weekend

We had a really good weekend and I'm not quite ready to start a new week. Friday Jillian had off of school so of course I made them all clean and vacuum their rooms. That night Jillian and I met up with our friends Ali, with her kids Brevan and Brynlie (plus two of their friends), and Heather, with her kids Jojo and Campbell. We went out to eat at Red Robin and then went to see the Hannah Montana movie. I have to say that we all really enjoyed the movie, including us moms. Heather made us a copy of the soundtrack so we could rock out before, during, and after the movie. We've had a lot of fun with that. We are planning on doing the Hoedown Throw Down song and dance at our ward talent show later this year. In a related story, our husbands said they could not make it that night! (Party poopers!)

Here we all are! Heather's daughter, Mallea, joined us for the movie. Good times!


Saturday morning we took our kids downtown to the farmer's market. We had never been there before and thought that would be a fun family outing. It felt so good to do something together. Brad and I have been so busy lately that it was nice to get out and have fun with just us. We took the kids to the China Town market and I made them go into the fish market. Jillian was pretty grossed out - I was loving it! We saw lots and lots of fish, and then them being chopped up, squid, octopus, chicken feet alone and attached to whole chickens, and live scallops, oysters, lobsters, crabs, and crawfish. Jorja was afraid of the live animals and would slowly back away. I thought it was great, educational fun!

When we got home Brad went to the leadership meeting for our stake conference while I made laundry soap, homemade bread and homemade strawberry freezer jam. Brad had to finish up the first two projects for me while I went to the adult session of conference and then out to play Easter Bunny. This was the first year we have ever done the Easter Bunny. I hate that Easter is so commercialized. But, Jillian asked that the Easter Bunny visit us since she was the only one in her school class whose house he didn't visit last year. I didn't get a lot for them; they each got bubbles, a garden spade, some flower seeds, a cup and a little candy. I love that $1 isle at Target!

On Sunday we took the kids to stake conference. It was a broadcast sent to eight states. The speakers were great (a GA whose name I can't remember, Sis. Lifferth, Elder, Oaks and Pres. Monson). We usually sit in the Relief Society room but this time we got there early enough to get a seat in the chapel. We soon regretted that decision because when the broadcast started all the lights went out so our kids weren't able to color and quietly play like they had wanted. The conference lasted two hours and we endured many "how much longer" questions. About ten minutes before it ended Logan even packed up his stuff in his backpack, put it on, and announced that he was ready to go. It cracked us up.

That afternoon we met up with Ryan and Ali and family at Graigg and Heather's house for Easter dinner. We ate way too much and laughed a lot, had our Easter egg hunt downstairs because it was raining outside, had a birthday party for Payne, G and H's 17 yr old son, then ate dessert and laughed some more. We were all pretty tired by the time we left but we had a great time!

Now I face another busy week. I've got to get my house ready for Brad's parents' visit -- they get here on Wednesday. They are bringing our nephew, Seth, who is Logan's age. That is a surprise for Logan and we are so excited!!! They are best buds. I also need to get my "Leave No Trace" presentation ready that I am doing for Jillian's school for their Earth Week activities. Then there are soccer practices/games, a Scentsy party on Saturday I signed up for a few months ago to host, my little DVD fulfillment job I started a month ago and the normal daily stuff that comes with being a mom. The newspaper article that highlights our roll-out shelf business is published this week also. We are hoping to get some new clients from that so I am also helping Brad get ready for some new business.

Whew! I'm already tired. However, I'd much rather be busy than bored!

1 comment:

Ali said...

We did have quite the fun weekend, didn't we?! But you wore me out with all your details of your busy week. Let me know how I can help out!!