Thursday, August 20, 2009

First Day of School 2009

Ah, the first day of school! I have to say I wasn't ready for it. The summer seemed to fly by and I wasn't able to enjoy my kids as much as I would have liked. And to think that Jillian is already in 3rd grade and Logan in Kindergarten!!! They are growing up too fast. It seems like yesterday they were babies in my arms.
Logan was super excited to do Kindergarten. He did summer school so it wasn't completely new to him but he was still a little shy going into his room. I was more worried about Jillian because she had said she was really nervous the previous few days. I have been making her exercise more lately and as part of that we got up early and went running/walking together. At first she was dry heaving from her nerves but by the end of the exercise she was feeling a lot better. Then I did some energy exercises with the kids to get things flowing. (For those who think this is nuts, don't knock it until you try it. It is AMAZING!!!) Jillian did very well. ALL her anxiety was gone and she had zero problem going to school. It was wonderful!!

Here are their first morning pictures:


Logan, of course, can't take a normal picture. That's my boy, and he loves Spiderman!




Jillian bought this shirt with her own money she saved up from working for us this summer. What a beauty!

All ready to go!!


Running to class. It was raining and we didn't have too much extra time so I told them to hurry. They both made it on time!

I met Jillian's friend, Mae after I dropped off Jillian and Logan. Her Mom had forgotten the camera so I took this picture. So fun!! Jillian and Mae met in Kindergarten and they finally get to be in the same class again!!


Jorja gets to go to preschool this year, although it doesn't start until February. So in the meantime I've got some alphabet learning books she and I are going through together. She is very excited about that! Next year she starts Kindergarten....


Getting off the bus. Six kids get off our stop this year. We love having lots of kids in our neighborhood!!



Logan, a new boy across the street, and then our neighbor, Matthew, getting off the bus.

Jillian and our neighbor, Kailey, getting off the bus.

They both had a great day. Logan likes his teacher much better than his summer school teacher and got to bring FOUR things today for Show and Tell. He was all over that. Jillian was excited to go back and even said "I love school! I didn't even want to come home yesterday!" Well, I'm glad she likes it but I hope she likes being here also! Actually, I don't think I need to worry about that with her. :)


No comments: