After having our girls BEG us for a night of fun, Ali and I decided to have a "Girls Night In" with them a couple weeks ago. The girls had fun getting dressed up, and picking out the clothes for me and Ali to wear. At first they wanted me in a sweater and after five minutes I was sweating so I made them start over. They didn't do too badly and even added necklaces for each of us. We met over at the Ellefsen's house and then started off the evening by blindfolding the girls and driving for about 15 minutes before ending up . . .back at the Ellefsen's house!
I have to say I loved the full facial blind folds the Ellefsen girls had on. There was no cheating there! It was rather warm though.
Ali and I spoke in French accents (actually Ali did and I tried!) as we pretended to be the waitresses at the "Fancy Nancy Restaurant". We had a lot of fun being super silly to make the girls giggle. Each girl received her own menu to order from, and fake money. They had to budget so they would have enough money left over for dessert.
Next up, hairdos for all of us! Don't we look gorgeous?
And the last (and best) event of the night . . .singing and dancing to our favorite tunes! Ali started off the activity by singing along to Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun," cranked up as loud as it would go. She did some pretty awesome moves, too. Then the girls and I got our groove on, and we were all a happy, sweaty mess by the time the guys walked in the door. Brad, Ryan and all the boys had gone to dinner and done some shopping, so we would have the house to ourselves for the night.
3 comments:
sounds like a lot of fun was had by all. Love the new family pic
We are the coolest moms ever!
As fun as your girl's night sounded, it made me sad. It made me miss you. Come home soon and hang with us girls sometime, won't you?
Post a Comment