Lately every time I sit down to write something I go blank and think "I must be boring because I have nothing to say!" Actually I suppose I am far from boring since I am really running ragged with life. Earlier this week I spoke with my Mom, who has been working on our genealogy. I told her she's going to have so much done that there won't be anything for me to do. Her response was that I need to write my own history. Woops. Been slacking in that department. I've decided that a lot of my neglect stems from my part time job where I sit at a computer most of the time. Really, by the time I get home I'm tired of sitting. But, I do need to be better so I am turning over a new leave and will write more often now. :)
We are nearing the end of the school year and my kids are getting excited for summer. They've had a lot of school parties lately and they have really enjoyed that. Jillian is doing great; her last report card had all A's and a couple A-'s. We're proud of her effort. Logan is reading now and he finds that pretty exciting. He can even do his book reports all by himself now. Very cool. Jorja just finished up with her preschool for the year. She goes to the high school preschool, as part of their early childhood education class. The preschool only goes for 12 weeks and she has loved it! But, she is SOOO excited to go to school like her brother and sister. We signed her up last Monday and all of a sudden she is "in Kindergarten". The other day she even told us that she "celebrated preschool" which meant that she "graduated". So funny. Both she and Logan have made huge improvements in their speech through the speech therapy programs here. Logan can say the "L" sound now and is working on "S". Jorja's biggest improvement has been one of self-awareness; she can hear better now where she is saying things incorrectly. She's been working on the "K" sound and hard "G" sound as well as several others. She catches herself now a lot and we practice together on how to say words correctly. She even says "car" all the time now instead of "tar". You go girl!
On Friday my children's choir performed at the Senior Center here in town. They were so cute and did a great job. We will perform in three weeks at the Kid's Fest where we will open for Mr. Stinkyfeet, a local children's performer. The girls are really excited for that. Then I am done with choir for the summer--I'll start up again in August.


I stole these pictures from Ali's blog -- thanks! This is us before our performance. What cute girls! Ali and I made the hair ties for them.
We're singing "Attitude is Everything". Most of the songs have actions and harmonies to them. It's really a lot of fun!!
Brad and I hosted a booth at a business fair here in town. He was promoting his roll-out shelves and I was doing my choir. I had a lot of people who are interested in it for next year. Brad did well also and will have a few jobs from the fair. He is still doing remodel work when it comes in as well as the shelves. He has also decided to broaden his work experience so he is applying for other jobs as they come up.
My sister, Tamra, came to visit me a month ago and we had such a fun time (still waiting for her to send me pics!). It was her Christmas present from her husband, Eric. We went to all of the local church history sights and even the Truman Library, which ironically is not just a library! It was really interesting. Most of all it was just nice to be together.
Today we had stake conference and were told that the ground breaking ceremony for the KC temple will be on May 8th. Very exciting!! It will be so nice to have a temple so close!
3 comments:
totally understand being busy and the choir looks like a fun time was had by all. Yeah I figure the blog is like my journal at times. Go figure.
2 new blog entries! I'm so impressed! Feel free to steal my pictures any time!
Sorry about not sending the pictures. I just barely took them off the camera. Actually, I just discovered a bag I took on the trip (still unpacked with all my church site papers).
Maybe I will get to those picts soon...
Thanks for the fun week.
-Tamra
Post a Comment