Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Things I Dig

I have thought about doing a post like this for a long time. Sometimes I think I'm freakishly strange but this honestly makes me love who I am even more. So here are some things I truly dig:

1. Driving large vehicles and tractors. LOVE them!! I like feeling in control of something big and powerful.

2. Sweet/sour or sweet/salty things. Like salty raisins or sweet and sour sauce over crab rangoons. Mmmm, yummy.

3. Reading in a sunny spot on a cold, winter day. The brighter the better and I don't even care if the sun is in my eyes.

4. Singing at the top of my lungs while driving. I could care less what others think of me. This one frustrates my kids sometimes though. But when there is a good song on, I gotta sing. So stop interrupting me!

5. The word "indeed". It is concise and to the point all in one word! Just like the word ja' in Portuguese. It means "already" but fewer syllables and letters. Said twice (ja' ja') it means "RIGHT NOW". So efficient!

6. Wind. I LOVE windy days; I always have. But not when dirt is flying and gets in your eyes. That is just ruining a good wind. I would rather run on a treadmill with a fan blowing on my body than do it outside with much less wind. This is also one of the reasons why I love biking, roller coasters, and probably even driving too fast.

7. Roller coasters or anything that goes fast. I truly wish that somebody in my family loved them as much as I do. I get on a roller coaster and I just bust up laughing. It is quirky, yes, but they make me so happy I have to giggle.

8. When the pieces of life's puzzle come together. Ever have something happen and it seemed odd and unexplainable and then a year or two later something else happens that makes you understand the first thing? Yeah, that's cool.

9. Wearing my black bra. I've always had white or tan bras. Yes, I'm a straight arrow. A while back I bought a black one. Now, even though nobody can see it, I feel totally rebellious when I wear it. Life's all about finding happiness --and excitement -- in the simple things, right?!

10. My eyes. I've never needed glasses -- thank you! I also really like the color. When I wear dark kacky (sp?) green my eyes match it. Other times they go more blue. I've always wanted my mom's emerald green eyes (they are gorgeous!) but at least mine aren't blue. My brothers and sister, kids and husband all have blue eyes. I'm perfectly OK with being different (see #11)

11. Being different. Like the eyes. Or not doing things because everybody else is doing them (like drugs and alcohol back in high school or, more recently, reading the Twilight series). I struggled with my decision to go on a mission for this very reason ("if you're not married by 21..."). God had to make sure I knew it was what He wanted me to do and then I was cool with it.

12. Variety. I get bored of the same things over and over so I like to spice things up and do things differently.

13. My laugh. OK, I have to admit that sometimes it is a bit much and, um, loud. But, "I love to laugh, ha ha ha ha! Loud and long and clear. I love to laugh! ha ha ha ha! It's getting worse every year!" (what movie is that from?) he he he! Laughing cleanses my soul and I love it! I suppose I could include bursting out in song when the words fit just right!

14. Singing harmony. It is a challenge, it is not the melody (see #11 again), and I dig the way it sounds together with the melody.

15. Being still in nature. I love listening to the breeze blow through the trees, the birds sing and fly around, watching animals without them knowing you are there. It is a spiritual sensation that makes me feel closer to Heavenly Father. However, this doesn't work as well when there are thousands of mosquitoes trying to suck your blood at once or ticks crawling down your shirt or chiggers crawling up your pants. Those times are meant for fast walking!! Or maybe a tent.... Right Dad? (That is a story for another post.)

16. Banjo music. Love it! It makes me want to stand up and dance a jig. ha ha

1 comment:

Ali said...

Just had to stop by again to read about you and remember why I love you so much!! Oh, and its "khaki". Seriously, you were thinking "kacky"? LOL