Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day Car Wash

I never go to the car wash. I figure the rain will eventually clean off my car, and it usually does. However, with all the snow and the consequent salt all over the roads, my car was a horrid mess. Logan even started writing misspelled words on the sides.

My kids are always trying to get me to go to the automated car wash because it is "so cool" but I never do because I'm cheap and like I said before, I usually let nature take its course. But yesterday I thought I'd show my kids how much I love them on Valentine's Day by going to the car wash. I even waited all day and made it a special trip after school.

All the way there Jorja was so excited because this particular car wash had "colored water." She knew because she had been there with her friend Lindsey and her mom. Jorja was literally bouncing in her seat. I had never seen or heard about the colored water so I didn't really know what she was talking about.

There were three car wash options. Being the cheap person that I am, I of course bought the least expensive wash at $4; the most expensive was $7. I drove into the garage and put the car in park. The car wash sprayed a thin layer of soap. There were a few oohs and aahs from the kids. Then the high powered spray, which was loud and fun. Squeals of joy were heard! And then it stopped. The sign said to move forward. It was over. Loud pause, then, "that's it?" from all three. Jorja started bawling because she didn't see any colored water. I explained that it must have been from the more expensive wash, to which she replied, "Then why didn't you buy the more expensive one?!!"

So my being a cool mom didn't last long on that outing! Maybe next time I'll not be so cheap but then again, it may rain soon....

No comments: