I have always enjoyed my birthdays. It's all the attention and yes, the presents. It's a fun day just for me!!! ha ha ha! So today is my birthday -- one year older and wiser too -- well, maybe not wiser but definitely older. But it's all good.
Yesterday, one of my BFF's, Ali, hosted a birthday lunch for me at her house. So much fun! She ordered pulled pork (pig is my favorite animal to eat; so versatile!!) and the rest brought stuff to share. Love pot lucks!! Brad called me in the middle of it and asked how many were there. I said, "about ten". He said, "wow, you're that popular, huh?" and I said, "no, a lot of people couldn't come." he he he!!! At any rate, it was a fun afternoon.
Last night another friend, Christine, watched our kids for us so that Brad and I could go out on a date. We were tired so we ended up watching a movie at home. It was quiet and the kids had much more fun there instead of going to bed early here. :) Brad went to get the kids and I fell asleep before they got home. (Hey, I'd been up since 4:30am and was TIRED!) They all put themselves to bed. It was wonderful. I should go to bed early more often! :)
So what am I doing today? Cleaning the house. Or rather, making my kids do most of it. I can't think of a better present than a clean house. Ahhhh. No more sticky spots on the tile, no more crushed up noodles on the carpet, no more black scum in the toilets, NO MORE CLUTTER EVERYWHERE!!! OOH, I think I will require my kids to clean happily, with no fighting. Yes, that would make my present even better. Yea, I am verrily excited about my day today!
Jillian wants to make me a cake so I may have to teach her how to make a German chocolate cake. Or an oatmeal picnic cake. Or a strawberry jello angel food cake. Or 4-layer pudding/cream cheese Mississippi Mud dessert. I'm drooling. I have a canker sore in my mouth right now (irritatingly right in the front of my mouth so that when I sneeze -- because of allergies -- it's like 60mph pin pricks jabbing it -- ouch!!) so anything with sugar should be completely avoided (because sugar makes them worse) but I will have to make an exception today...like I did yesterday at lunch. Sometimes a week of pain is worth a moment of pleasure. Hey, you only have one birthday a year, right?!
1 comment:
I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! And that your kids cleaned for you! And that you went to bed before they did! Haha!
Post a Comment