I volunteered at the Kansas City Temple open house yesterday. I worked in the cultural hall handing out refreshments and making sure the tables/floor was clean. It was a lot of fun! I really enjoyed talking to people about their tour. Everyone I asked was so impressed with the building. It was also fun to talk with those I knew where were volunteering as well. One of the best parts was running into these guys:
Elder Childs and Elder Moore ran in (surprise!) and told me not to go anywhere because they were going on the tour. They met up with me an hour later and we were able to chat for a while. We were overstaffed so I didn't worry too much about shirking my duties. They served in our ward last year and became really good friends with our family. I was sorry the rest weren't there to share the fun! And guess what? They are companions again in Derby, Kansas! They were pretty stoked about that.
I told them they should kneel down for the picture; I am seriously dwarfed by the two of them. E. Childs told me they couldn't or else nobody would think it was real. ha ha ha! They had no idea our stake was hosting that day. What a great coincidence!!! They had so much fun talking to other people they knew as well -- I was really happy for them! And me! Yay!!!

1 comment:
How fun Brenda. I hope I can visit this temple sometime. We have family in Dodge City. Is this close?
Post a Comment