It took me about a year to figure out the general scheme that I wanted and then another few months to pinpoint which shades but I absolutely LOVE how it has turned out. My kitchen is a coral-orange color and the living room has two red walls surrounded by a brown similar to what our house in Arizona had (we just loved that paint color!). Our trim is a deep chocolate brown. The trim isn't done yet but it will come. We still need to replace all the windows and get new baseboard but I can decorate around that. I just love how having color makes the rooms feel so much homier. Now I'm excited to get some things up on the wall!
Jillian and Logan spent Saturday at a friend's house but we made Jorja stay at home because she hadn't been feeling that great. She was a super helper and didn't once touch the wet paint! She was in charge of the foam sanders, which she called "swubbers" -- for scrubbers, we used to smooth out the drywall mud. She was so proud to be our big helper. Jorja really wanted to help paint so when I was doing the base coat for the red I let her give it a try. Didn't she do a great job?! I just love how proud of herself she is in this picture.
Looking from the kitchen to the living room. We painted the pop-out and love how it turned out.
Jorja and Logan just HAD to be in the picture! They are hamming it up. That red wall took five coats of paint. It really only needed two but we kept getting streak marks in it. Finally Brad told me to do it. I did the first red coat and it looked awesome so he wanted me to do it again. It took me 20 minutes and I got it perfect. Brad told me the next time he has to paint a house he wants me to come help him. How's that for a vote of confidence?!
4 comments:
i totally love the colors....maybe i can convice Doug that a house can be painted mroe colors than White and cream...
I love it! Your house looks completely different now. I never really noticed your beautiful vaults, and now the color makes that wall look HUGE!
Oh I LOVE it! I can't wait to see it in person!!!!
Yay!
uh....that reminds me....I have a few rooms that are 1/2 painted....maybe you could come finish mine.
Post a Comment