Thursday, September 4, 2008

Logan's Birthday

Tuesday was Logan's fifth birthday. I can't believe five years has gone by so quickly!!! I'm honestly having a hard time believing he is five because he doesn't look that old to me. I guess he got the "young-looking" genes from my side of the family.

I told the kids I wasn't going to throw them big parties this year. Instead, we invited a few family friends to the park, ate cake and ice cream and played. It was very humid and started to rain but we had a great time!

Logan wanted a cake with a monster holding balloons. Yeah, he didn't even get frosting. I bought the word candies at the store and just placed them on top. The cake was a yummy lemon jello cake, and he really liked that. He is holding the lid up because the wind started blowing right when we were lighting the candles and they kept going out on us!

I have to say that my boy has one of the cutest smiles on this planet. He is one handsome little guy!!

Last year for his birthday Logan received one of those bouncy balls you sit on. One day Jillian stabbed it with a knife so Logan asked for another one. Actually, after remembering the incident, he cried and cried again over his loss. Since he received the new one, he has spent many hours bouncing around the house.


One of the things our kids look forward to the most is receiving their birthday money. All my kids are crazy about money but that actually works to my favor. Logan also loves the wash rags that Mimi makes for him -- he uses them as blankets for his stuffed animals. And he was so happy to get a new bear to take the place of the one he "lost" -- I actually threw it away LONG ago because it was so ugly. It was part of a Christmas decoration and had dried up glue all over him. My parents and Brad and I all gave him some K'NEX kits and he has loved building cars, helicopters, and tractors!

Jorja and Logan love being pushed on the swings. The park we went to is up on a hill so, while it is usually windier, the view is really nice. The remnants of hurricane Gustav were rolling in as we had our birthday party.


Logan wanted lots of balloons at his party. Last year we did a balloon theme party but all the kids were afraid of popping the balloons, including Logan. It was kind of a bust on that regard so I told him I would have some water balloons again and that is it. So, I made 60 water balloons and we had a fight after we were done playing on the playground. By then it had started raining but we figured that didn't matter much. I think Logan threw half of them. They would bounce off of you and then pop on the ground. He had so much fun. Here Brad just got him on the head.

2 comments:

Ali said...

Thanks for inviting us! I'm glad he had such a fun day!

H said...

I'm so sorry we missed it! Campbell was SO mad at me! I'malosermom.