Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fun at Penguin Park

Last Friday we went to Penguin Park in Kansas City for our playgroup. I had to go to the Lowes down there anyway so I was able to kill two birds with one stone. We took Jorja's friend, Lindsey, with us. This park is really fun because there are three main play areas, each designed for different ages. Then they have lots of giant animals. The penguin has a small slide, the kangaroo has a large internal slide, the large elephant has a jungle gym attached to it complete with a large tunnel slide, etc. They also have the BEST merry-go-rounds there. They absolutely fly and if the kids don't hold on tight they go flying as well!

Jorja and Lindsey on the baby elephant. What cute girls!





We went to this park last year with our family. It was a Saturday and there were two ice cream trucks there. We bought our kids some ice cream, even though it was a complete rip-off. Now, every time we talk about Penguin Park they think we are going to buy ice cream. Hmmm, they have a lot to learn!








Going down the big slide attached to the large elephant. It is pretty high up but no higher than the slides our kids go down at our local park. It is scarier just getting up to the slide than it is going down. Lindsey came down first and then she went with Jorja, who was scared to go by herself. They were having so much fun while Logan was stuck at the top, afraid to come down. It took him a while but as you can see, he ended up having a great time. I loved the static-y hair







Lindsey is such a cute girl. I kept trying to get a candid picture but she would slide down and then pose!













Going on the merry-go-round. I think they spent most of their time doing this. The little boy in the background is Max Shurke, another boy in our ward. He is only just two years old and has no fear. It was fun watching them have so much fun.










Logan playing on the fire truck. They rock back and forth and you can put a bunch of kids in the back. I bet the people who design these park toys have a lot of fun.


Ta-da!
I wanted a fun picture next to the giant giraffe and it took me a few times to get a decent one because they were all goofing off. But it was worth it! What cute kids!!! And what a fun day.

After Lowes we went to Sam's Club and ate free samples. While we were there I had all three of them in a shopping cart, all in the basket area. As we were walking down the isle, the whole front end of the cart collapsed. It was slow-motion-like so nobody was hurt. In fact, we had a good laugh at it. They all thought it was kind of fun. Logan even said, "Mom, let's do it again!" It was pretty much broken so we got a new cart and were off again! Then I took them out to Ci Ci's Pizza for lunch. That is my kids' favorite place to go. It is a pizza buffet. I like it because I don't have to pay for my kids' meals until they are four years old.

1 comment:

Ali said...

What fun pictures!! Thanks so much for taking Lindsey along that day!