I don't think I've ever been as busy as I have been the last couple of weeks. My house is definitely suffering because of it! So, here is what I have been up to:
- Working with Brad. I have run errands, demolished a shower, helped him install drywall in a garage ceiling and helped him remove some flooring. The last was probably the hardest. It was some black work-out mats that were 4'x6' and at least 100 lbs each -- we moved 10 of them. We had to use pliers to grip them because they kept falling out of our hands. We couldn't use our fingers for a while. Brad was amazed at how strong I was. I told him I am "Strong Like Brenda" like my shirt says.
- Coaching soccer . This happens twice a week and then a game on Saturday. On Tuesdays I coach another team and on Thursdays I coach Jillian's team. It is an odd situation and I don't enjoy coaching the other team as well because I just don't know the girls very well but it works for now.
- Trying to figure out my blog. I'm going to put this on my list of accomplishments! It has taken me forever to figure out how to change it but I did it! Yippee!!
- Grocery shopping. This is never-ending and seems to take so much time!
- Cleaning my house. Even though I work on this in my "spare time" it still isn't clean. In fact, it is quite disgusting. I did, however, finally mop my tile. Right now we are working on controlling our fruit fly population. Apple cider vinegar and a fly strip is doing OK, but it hasn't completely eradicated those pesty bugs!
- Watching General Conference. This was especially awesome because President Monson announced that a temple will be built in Kansas City!
- All the motherly things like making meals, going over homework, supervising kids cleaning, settling arguments, laundry, more laundry, etc.
- Calling stuff like preparing for meetings, going to meetings, emails, etc.
- And of course talking with friends and family.
I finally got a nap in today. General Conference came just in time! I laid around all morning watched conference, took a nap, finally got dressed :) and then watched conference again. It was WONDERFUL to stay at home today. But it's back to work with Brad again tomorrow. I am hoping to be able to stay at home more this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment