Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Today's Gratitude

I'm feeling frustrated right now but instead of complaining, which is really what I want to do, I will make a list of some things I am grateful for at this moment.

1. My garden is now ready for planting -- I worked on it all afternoon and it felt great!
2. Faith / Optimism -- it is amazing how this can completely change my attitude.
3. Work -- I like the feeling of accomplishment when I work hard.
4. My husband -- He really compliments me, he's amazingly funny, and he's my best friend. He even did the dishes for me tonight!
5. Learning -- Mind exercise feels just as good as physical exercise.
6. My bike -- I started biking again yesterday and it was fabulous!
7. Spring -- The weather here has been so nice. I love keeping all the doors and windows open all day.
8. Freshly cut grass -- This is similar to newly vacuumed carpet. I love how neat and clean it looks. And I like that I get a good workout as I mow.
9. Scriptures -- I went to a class today on "Women in the Scriptures" and learned about Miriam, Moses' sister. I love gaining new insights from the scriptures and then applying (or trying to apply) them to my life.
10. Food -- Our fridge, freezers, and pantry are all full because I shopped yesterday.
11. The knowledge that other people have my best interests at heart -- I'm not ignorant of how others help me and I will forever be grateful to them. Even thought I often don't want to need the help, I am grateful that others can see the need and step in. It deeply humbles me. It truly is the little things that count so a big thank you to all of you!
12. Laughter -- I laughed with family and friends today and it was medicine I needed.

2 comments:

Ali said...

What a great idea to write a gratitude list when you're in a bad mood! You're such a good person! I would probably just sulk and complain instead!

H said...

Okay...over-achiever you have to go and do TWELVE??? What...EVER! LOL

I love your list. I am jealous I wanted SO BAD to go that scripture class. I didn't make it...this week.

I love the new look of your blog...I'm a loser for not being here before today. LOL