
I paid for the tickets and a big bucket of popcorn. It about made me nauseous to buy the popcorn. What a rip-off! But I figured that was part of the deal and I was glad in the end that I did. Mae brought some extra money so she bought some cotton candy and Hot Tamales to share with the other girls. They were sufficiently sugared for the evening!
The girls absolutely loved the movie, which was a given anyway because it is such a chick flick. Did I like it? Yeah, I did...duh, it's a chick flick! It was cheesy but fun. I find it interesting how much money a musical has made for Disney when musicals seemed to be so out of style. I was talking with a theater employee who said that this movie was completely sold out for the first three weeks after it opened. I told him, "That's why I waited a month!"
I was amazed at how old the characters looked. They were more like college age looking (which they are in real life). It bugs me when actors portray someone who is much younger than the actors actually look. Just a little pet peeve of mine but given the history of the movie I can let it slide this time. There are already plans to make a 4th movie (Can we just give it a rest? Talk about milking it for all it's worth!) but none of the original cast will be in it. Hmm, that sounds really lame.
Most importantly, the girls had a blast. I refilled the popcorn bucket to take in the car on the way home. This is them waiting for the popcorn to pop out of the pot. Fun times!
1 comment:
We took the girls to HSM3 this past weekend. It was awesome. I didn't think I'd like it but I did!
Post a Comment