Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Gingerbread House!

I don't think the Christmas season would be complete without making a gingerbread house. We started doing this in Arizona, only with homemade gingerbread made by Brad's mom. We would all get together and make them. It was a lot of fun! This year our good friends, Heather and Graigg gave us a kit, which I have to say made the whole process so much easier! I made the kids wait to put it together until Grandma and Grandpa came. Let's just say they had a great time! When it was all done of course they didn't want to just look at it! But alas, they have a mean mom. I told them not to touch it until after Christmas day. Um, what was I thinking? If I were a kid with a cracker-house covered in candy would I leave it alone? I don't think so. Neither did my kids. The house was so ugly within a week that I finally told them to have at it just so that I didn't have to look at it anymore. Ah, good times!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

H said...

Yay a Gingerbread house!!! I think I am going to make that a tradition. You know, the tradition will be buying the kits and giving them to my friends. HAHA!