The last time my parents came to visit we went to some of the church history sites nearby but didn't get to finish. This time we did the ones we didn't see. We took Jillian out of school that day so that she could come along with us. They had a great time helping the sister missionary hold the pictures that help tell the story of the Liberty Jail.
After Liberty we went to Independence to see the visitor's center as well as the RLDS visitor's center. This time we went on a tour of the RLDS visitor's center and I found it quite interesting. In the collage below, top left, Jillian, Logan and Jorja are standing in front of a replica of the Tree of Life that is made completely of metal. Top right: my kiddos in front of one of the many Chreche displays we saw. Bottom left, the RLDS organ. Bottom center, looking up "the upside-down ice cream cone" -- the tour guide actually turned on the lights for me just so I could take this picture. Bottom right, Jillian got to ring their Peace Bell. Every day at 1pm they have a prayer for peace and ring this bell. I found it interesting that the whole purpose of the religion is only world peace. Our tour guide was a really nice man, who said he'd given a tour to Elder Uchdorf! That would have been really neat.


3 comments:
That is the RLDS VISITORS Center??? We thought it was their temple. DOH! haha! Very cool!
I like all your collages! Good job updating the blog today!
The entire building is called their "temple" but there is a visitors center inside. So I guess I should have called it the "temple".
Post a Comment