We had Jillian's baptism on Saturday, 6 December while my parents were here. Really, this was the reason they had come; it is their goal to see all their grandchildren be baptized. It really made the day special to have them there.
Jillian and Daddy before the baptism. When I was baptized I had my picture taken with my dad just like this one. (Only my dad was smiling --gotta love my Brad!!)
We shared the service with another girl in our stake. Lots of friends came from our ward and that made Jillian feel special also. Brad baptized and confirmed her, Grandma played the piano and gave a prayer, Grandpa gave the talk on the Holy Ghost, and I did the welcome into the primary. Had I not had a cold at the time we would have done a song together but that just wasn't to be. All in all, it was a wonderful experience.
Family pictures after the baptism.
Family pictures after the baptism.
Jillian with her CTR 8 teacher, Sister Sharon Shull. Sis. Shull was a wonderful teacher!
We have wonderful friends here! Jillian invited two school friends to come and she was so excited that they came! The two moms are good friends of mine as well. On the left is Amy Mulkey, our neighbor, and on the right is Mary Leigh Chaney. The kids, left to right: Joseph Mulkey, Kaylee Mulkey, Jillian, Adeline Chaney, and Mae Chaney.

4 comments:
Yea! Those pictures are awesome! Such a fun new level to reach as a family to have your first child baptized.
Thanks for sharing the pictures - I laughed out loud when I read your comment about "except my dad was smiling!" We do love Brad, and I must admit in the picture of just he and Jillian I think I see a hint of upturned corners.
Does Brad ever smile? I think his smile is broken.
Jilly looks beautiful, so pure and clean. Brad looks the same as ever, but I think I too noticed a slight upturn in the corners of his mouth, take what you can get.
Post a Comment