I copied this off of my friend, Meredith's blog because she so beautifully described what happened during sharing time today:
"Today for sharing time, the Valiant 10 boys were in charge. Their teacher took the helm - a large and burly but very nice man, who, incidentally, is also a high school teacher. He was talking about families and asked for two of the Valiant 9 kids to come and help him draw stick figures of his four sisters. The girl drew two very nice stick figure girls and the boy… Well, he drew two very well-endowed stick figures. To his credit, he drew skirts on the stick figures, but the adults in the room were all trying to hide their laughter. Once the teacher noticed, he chuckled a little to himself and announced that the stick figures needed shirts and he drew shaded-in boxes over the, um, bosoms."
I told Brad about it and we had a good laugh and Jillian brought it up again during dinner. Here's how the conversation went:
Jillian: Mom, that was so funny how Brody drew the pictures today in primary.
Me: Yep.
Jillian: What were the two circles?
Me and Brad laughing: We're not going to say right now. (We didn't really want a dinner conversation about breasts.)
Jillian: I think they were shoulder pads.
Me and Brad laughing even harder.
Me: Wow. If they are shoulder pads, then they are really in the wrong place.
Jillian: I asked Brody what they were and he said they were puffy sleeves.
Me and Brad bust up laughing again.
Me: Brody has a good sense of humor.
Jillian: What is a "good sense of humor?"
My, that girl has a lot to learn!!!
5 comments:
I didn't even remember to tell Brian about the incident before he left on his trip last night, and I thought about it while I was sitting at the computer and burst out laughing. Brooke wanted to know what was so funny, but I just kept laughing.
Oh, Jilly! So naive! Keep her that way for as long as you can. ;)
How embarassing!! As the mother of said boy, I'm going to have to ask him about this... Although, his sister is forever making me do double takes with her drawings, as she is the source of the "puffy sleeves" that don't quite look right to me!! EEEEEESH, what am I going to do with him???
"I like your sleeves. They're real... big."
Man, I would have loved to be in your ward. But, should we be concerned that there is a lot of talk regarding the "ta-tas" at your home?
That is so funny\silly!!
Post a Comment