Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pinewood Derby

Last night we had our Pinewood Derby up at church. We have an open class because there aren't a whole lot of scouts that run their cars. So, our kids make their own cars to run. They each LOVE doing this and each one is so individual. Brad helps them design the shape and then he cuts the cars and puts the weights and wheels on but the decorating is all up to them. Actually I thought their paint jobs were far superior to any other cars they have done.
Here they are making them pretty. Of course, the only time Logan wasn't being funny was when he was hard at work. That kid has great focus when he wants to.
Brad ended up drilling two holes in the back of Jillian's cab. So, he filled the holes with metal and they ended up looking like cool headlights. She really liked it!

We ate dinner, or something like that, at the derby. Check out Logan's plate! I made him go back and get a hot dog. I love the picture of Jorja. With brownies stuck to her teeth she looks like a hillbilly!
Logan's car took second place in the Open Class. When Brad told him how he did, Logan responded: Not uh! I went down three times!
In the track pictures, the left one is of Jillian's truck coming in first and Jorja second. On the right is Logan coming in first. They really had a great time!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: